Sunday 3 October 2010

Saltwater Buddah - Book review...

As I mentioned the previous post, we now have an extensive range of Surf orientated books in store. I'm planning to work my way through all of them and after each one, I'll make sure I let you guys know what I thought and how I found it. Well as you can see from the date of the last post and the fact I'm reviewing the book already I found it hard to put down. Saltwater Buddah is the story of a journey, not just in the physical sense but equally in a deeply spiritual way. Written from the author's own experiences, dreams and Buddhist viewpoint the book tells how this journey led to the pursuit of finding Zen through Surfing. With such a spiritual angle, I'm sure the book may appeal to some more than others, but it's written in such an 'easy to read' way that I'd urge anyone to give it a go. If the Buddhist stuff isn't for you then it's worth the read for the amazing travel stories of surfing different waves in different conditions...

Watch the trailer below (now being made into a film) and note that all of the author's profits from this book are going to a very good cause!

£8.99 and in stock or available to order from Gul Truro...


No comments:

Post a Comment